Disqualifying offences a person convicted of an offence mentioned in item 1, 2, or 3, is disqualified from holding an MSIC, but, under regulation 6.08X, is entitled to seek reconsideration of the disqualification decision.
- An offence mentioned in Chapter 5 of the Criminal Code. Note: Offences for this item include treason, espionage and harming Australians.
- An offence involving the supply of goods (such as weapons or missiles) for a Weapons of Mass Destruction program as mentioned in the Weapons of Mass Destruction (Prevention of Proliferation) Act 1995
- An offence involving the hijacking or destruction of an aircraft or vessel
An issuing body must not issue an MSIC to a person who has been convicted of an offence mentioned in item 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, or 9, unless the Secretary, acting under regulation 6.08F, decides that the person is unlikely to constitute a threat to security and approves the issue of an MSIC to the person.
If a person is refused approval by the Secretary under Regulation 6.08F, he or she may seek reconsideration of the decision under Regulation 6.08X.
- An offence involving treachery, sabotage, sedition, inciting mutiny, unlawful drilling, or destroying or damaging Commonwealth property, mentioned in Part II of the Crimes Act 1914
- An offence involving interference with aviation, maritime transport infrastructure or an offshore facility, including carriage of dangerous goods on board an aircraft or ship, or endangering the security of an aerodrome, a port or an offshore facility
- An identity offence involving counterfeiting or falsification of identity documents, or assuming another individuals identity
- Transnational crime involving money laundering, or another crime associated with organised crime or racketeering
- People smuggling and related offences mentioned in Chapter 4, Division 73 of the Criminal Code
- An offence involving the importing, exporting, supply or production of weapons, explosives or a trafficable quantity of drugs.
For more information on offenses, please call AusCheck on: (02) 6141 2000 ?>